Have you received a notice about an Adobe® software audit? If so, it’s important to obtain expert advice to create a defensible position to decrease risk and costly fines.
As with any software, when you purchase Adobe software for the enterprise, it is necessary to ensure that the number of installations and users are equal to the appropriate number of licenses. An inadequate number of Adobe licenses may result in heavy fines.
Adobe audits in three ways:
- Business Software Alliance (BSA)
- Adobe® Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Adobe® “True-Up” Self-Audit Program
Miro Audit Assurance: The Adobe Audit Mediation Process
Common Adobe audit demands and issues:
- Settlement = software non-compliance usage + maintenance fee back pay for two years. Adobe may demand a settlement based on unlicensed installations plus back maintenance for up to two years using the historical discounted price for calculation.
- Changes in the various suites. With the introduction of each suite of products, it’s natural to have products added and removed. Creative Suite would be a good example. Compliance must be met even with retired and obsolete products.
- Old .exe extensions everywhere. Adobe does not remove old .exe versions of programs during upgrades so an inventory could show those versions as installed.
- Cumulative Licensing Program, Adobe’s version of volume licensing, does not always cover all product versions.
- Free and fee. Adobe is one of the few companies that giveaway free versions of its products for commercial use including PDF, Flash and AIR. Once a licensing contract is in play, the free license usage may be affected.
|IBM Audits & License Management: Open Q&A For 40 minutes, IBM audits & licensing expert - Sharon Trembley - will answer your specific questions - from IBM audit defense to managing compliance, reducing risks, to tips on negotiating the best vendor contract. This is an open Q&A forum and questions will be answered on a "first come, first serve" basis. You may submit questions during the registration process as we do take questions in order of submission.||May 10, 2017||2:00pm EDT||40 minutes||Register|
|Oracle Q&A: Get Confidential Advice on Oracle Audits & Licensing from Miro
For 30 minutes, Oracle licensing experts from Miro - Eliot Colon & Wayne Federico - will answer your specific questions on Oracle licensing - from managing compliance, reducing risks, to tips on negotiating the best vendor contract. This is an open Q&A forum and questions will be answered on a "first come, first serve" basis. You may submit questions during the registration process and we encourage you to be as specific as possible. |
In order to have your registration approved, you must register with a valid corporate email address.
|May 16, 2017||2:00pm EDT||30 minutes||Register|