Microsoft Services Include:
- Microsoft Audit Defense
- Microsoft License Reviews
- Microsoft Support Renewal Management
- Azure Cloud & Subscription Management
Since Microsoft outsources its software audits to the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and Microsoft software asset management consultants, it is essential for an organization to know how to create a defensible position.
Microsoft Audit Timing:
- The Microsoft partner channel. Microsoft is able to identify large enterprises that are non-compliant with its Volume Licensing program. When a Microsoft partner channel is hired to do a Microsoft Software Asset Management (SAM) engagement, discrepancies in the organization’s Microsoft licensing are discovered, leading to an audit situation.
- True-Ups. Any organization with the Microsoft Select Volume Licensing plan is required to do a monthly, quarterly or yearly self-audit under the terms of the True-Up. During this process, an organization could find itself out of compliance and is required by contract to report the issue.
Being prepared for an audit is essential to your organization’s success. Miro provides Microsoft audit mediation services to rapidly control an audit’s conditions, mitigate risks, and negotiate a more favorable outcome.
Microsoft Audit Triggers:
- Highly visible merger & acquisition (M&A) activity
- Inquiry about a complex licensing issue
- BSA report
- Discontinuing of a Microsoft Volume License Agreement
Miro’s Microsoft Audit Process:
- Quickly define the dispute
- Provide a rapid audit response
- Validate audit scope
- Identify the audit scope
- Conduct a thorough discovery audit process
- Create a plan of action
Potential problem areas to consider when managing Microsoft licensing:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- CALs with edge devices
- License mobility
- SharePoint Server
- SQL Server
- Virtual Desktop (VDI)
- Windows Server