In the upcoming release of WebLogic – WebLogic 12c – Oracle updated the software to:
– meet the latest Java standards. It will run on the latest version of the core Java runtime environment, Java SE.
– be compatible and comply with the full Java Enterprise Edition 6 platform profile (incl. APIs and libraries for Java EE6) JAX, JSF and Enterprise Javabeans.
– WebLogic will run with Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder
– Software has been engineered to work more easily with RAC
– WebLogic has been integrated with Apache Maven
This will make for an easier cloud deployment for all you Oracle kiddies out there.