In the News This Week
• Network World Customers frustrated over Microsoft virtualization licensing
There is no way to circumvent Microsoft licensing policies on virtual servers
• CNN Microsoft, Czech Republic Sign Pact On Licensing And Supply
The agreement is aimed at simplifying the enterprise software licensing process over a period of 3 to 5 years.
• Computing Schools set to go open source
UK schools are replacing the software licensing framework of Microsoft and other software vendors by going to open source.
• BCS Software piracy falls
The BSA commented that, despite the drop in trends, there was still an ‘unacceptable’ level of British organisations flouting software licensing regulations
• Crain’s Manchester Business Eleven firms investigated in software crackdown